Authentication Problem/Login problem

Peter Risdon peter at circlesquared.com
Tue Aug 10 00:12:49 PDT 2004

Mattias Björk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have setup qmail with vpopmail+courier-imap and are using a virtual
> domain. Its named "mail.birch.se". Im running it on FreeBSD 5.2.1.
>
> I have used this guide to accomplish this:
>
> "http://www.stevenfettig.com/mythoughts/archives/cat_qmail.php"
>
> (Qmail HOWTO 1 thru chapter 3.)
>
> I have also read some of the comments and did the change of
> AUTHMODULES="authvchkpw" in "/usr/local/etc/courier-imap/authdaemonrc"
> from AUTHMODULES="authdaemon".

Odd - in my version of /usr/local/etc/courier-imap/authdaemonrc the line is:

authmodulelist="authvchkpw authcustom authuserdb authpam"

(I just added authvchkpw to the start of the default list).

Moreover, I have no line beginning AUTHMODULES=

In case it helps, here is my complete authdaemonrc:

#starts here - comments stripped

authmodulelist="authvchkpw authcustom authuserdb authpam"
authmodulelistorig="authcustom authuserdb authpam"
daemons=5
version=""
authdaemonvar=/usr/local/var/authdaemon

#end of file