does a working driver exist for the nForce2 MCP nic?

stheg olloydson stheg_olloydson at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 9 22:16:17 PDT 2004

Hello,

Out of general principle, I would like to get the
onboard NIC working on an MSI K7N2 Delta-L mobo. I
have checked the archives and googled this issue. I
found A LOT of discussion. To sum up, Bill Paul was
trying to get nVidia to cooperate, but they were
having none of it. According to
http://www.onthenet.com.au/~q/nvnet/ a driver is
available via ports/net/nvnet, but my fresh install of
5.2.1-Release doesn't have that port. I can pull it
from the site, but before I needlessly mung my system,
does anyone know if it works? If it was in ports
before, why is it gone now?

Thanks,

Stheg