MUSIC SERVER.

Miguel Cardenas mfcardenas at prodigy.net.mx
Mon Aug 9 08:49:32 PDT 2004

> I am a university student and i wanted to know from you that is it possible
> to store music in a server? To be more precise, Is it possible that  you
> have a server that is only desighned for storage of music only?
>
> I hope that my request will be consindered as soon as possible.

Do you want to store music only? or maybe a stream-on-demand server? this
topic covers too many posibilities, please be more specific... if you want to
share mp3 files by a network filesystem you can use NFS or SMB... Oh, I've
noticed that playing music from a remote computer may have dropouts maybe
'cos a slow remote HDD or processor, network traffic, etc etc...

Take care