DHCP help

stheg olloydson stheg_olloydson at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 8 18:39:49 PDT 2004

it was said:

<snip>

>My problem is that my dhclient never finds any DHCP
>servers on the Comcast network. The default dhclient
>that came with the
>installation simply times out, the other one that >I
'make installed'

<snip>

>Mounting root from ufs:/dev/ad0s1a
>WARNING: / was not properly dismounted
>WARNING: /tmp was not properly dismounted
>WARNING: /usr was not properly dismounted
>WARNING: /var was not properly dismounted
>/var: mount pending error: blocks 4 files 1
>/var: superblock summary recomputed

<snip>

Hello,

I don't know if Comcast still requires users to
"register" their mac address(es) in order to connect,
but I know they used to.
BTW, I infer from your dmesg output that you're not
cleanly shutting down. Naughty, naughty! Remember,
shutdown(8) is your friend.

HTH,

Stheg