4.10-STABLE

Ryan bw2003 at shaw.ca
Sun Aug 8 10:06:56 PDT 2004

Needing some help here,

I'm experincing compatibility issues with Perl and trying
to reinstall ports/src but Sysinstall has tryed alot of ftp mirrors even the main one and it says "Warning: Can't find the `4.0-STABLE` distribution on this FTP server.

I cant download anything under Distribtutions in Sysinstall. Is this a unrelated issue or is there more to this then i know of.. I went to 4.0-Stable, cause its the latest 4.X branch distro.

Perl: What ever i do, perl5.8/perl5 always builds as a incomplete broken distro with one test failing with Taint.. No idea what it is, but planing on reading it source code.

Anways any and all help is greatly needed..
Thanks