burning mp3's

Olaf Hoyer ohoyer at ohoyer.de
Sun Aug 8 03:38:43 PDT 2004

On Sat, 7 Aug 2004, dave wrote:

> Hello,
>     Simple question probably, i want to burn about 690 mb of mp3's to disk.
> To date i've only used cdrecord to make either audio .wav disks or data
> disks, make an iso, then burn that iso to disk. I'm wondering if there's a
> howto on mp3 burning?

Do you want to burn them as .mp3, so that any application like xmms or
winamp can play them? Then its simply mkisofs/cdrecord, as you already
know. When you want to listen to them in an ordinary CD-Player, well,
you need to convert the mp3 to .wav format first, then burn an audio CD.

I use xmms to write mp3 ->wav , simply hit the button on top left, then
choose options, audio i/o-plugins, theres a disk writer plugin similar
to that in winamp.

then: cdrecord -dao -pad ~/BURN/*wav

or similar...

But: be aware that 1 MB of mp3 roughly equaly 10 MB of .wav

HTH
Olaf

Olaf Hoyer        ohoyer at gaff.hhhr.ision.net
Fuerchterliche Erlebniss geben zu raten,
ob der, welcher sie erlebt, nicht etwas Fuerchterliches ist.
(Nietzsche, Jenseits von Gut und Boese)