Gaim-Encryption

Joshua Banks l0f33t at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 7 00:08:05 PDT 2004

--- Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus at marcuscom.com> wrote:

> > Joe are your running Gaim v0.80 and Gaim-Encryption V2.28 ?
>
> Yep, works just fine.  I use it daily.  Make sure you do not have
> WITHOUT_NSS defined in your /etc/make.conf, and that Gaim was build
> with
> NSS support.

Dohp... I don't have an /etc/make.conf file present.... no problem.

Thats really weird that I don't have this file in place. I can figure
out what needs to be done but what I find really weird is why don't
they mention the "/etc/make.conf" file before or during Chapter 8 of
the handbook (Configuring the FreeBSD Kernel). Instead they leave this
till chapter 19. Seems very important to me especially if I want my
kernel sources built to my machine/hardware specs.

So I've already compiled the Kernel sources, so I'm assuming its
probably best that after I configure an "/etc/make.conf" file that I
should recompile my kernel sources again?

How do I ensure that Gaim is built with NSS Support? I didn't really
understand where to look or what to do? The MAKE file looks like the
logical place but I don't know what to do? Is this described in the
Handbook? If so can you kindly hint too, where..  and I'll do what
needs to be done.

Thanks,
Joshua Banks