Gaim-Encryption

Joshua Banks l0f33t at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 6 23:03:14 PDT 2004

I've looked on Google and the mailing archives and don't really find
anything were others are complaining about the same issue. So I'm
assuming because I'm new to FreeBSD that I'm overlooking something.

I made sure that my ports tree was synced with the most upto date
ports. I went into the "/usr/ports/net/gaim" and did "make
fetch-recursive" and then "make install clean".

Among other things this compiled the newst version of Gaim V 0.80. No
problems. This works great. But now I would like to use encyption so I
goto "/usr/ports/security/gaim-encyption" and do "make fetch-recursive"
and then "make install clean". This compiled fine. Gaim-Encryption
v2.28.

But when I open up Gaim to load the Encryption-Plugin it doesn't show
up listed at all. I tried rebooting and still the same. I tried
"deinstalling Gaim and the reinstalling. Still the same thing..

Does anyone have Gaim working with Gaim encryption? I've looked in the
"MAKE" files but I'm unsure of what to do if anything. Any help is much
appreciated.

Thanks,
Joshua Banks