Does the AMD64 version of FreeBSD run on this?

Sean Countryman sean at rackoperations.com
Fri Aug 6 20:25:42 PDT 2004

That, however, is where the similarities end.  The Nocona chip is only
64bit on the outside, the internals are essentially built on a 32 bit
legacy system.  The end result is that AMD is pure 64 bit and intel's
chip just won't keep up when full 64 bit code hits the market.  The new
code will sing on AMD, but won't run a bit faster on intel's chip.  Even
Intel has acknowledged their flaws.  The current issue of infoworld
(http://www.infoworld.com) has the full story on it.