portugrade -aR (except)

Radek Kozlowski radek at raadradd.com
Thu Aug 5 07:12:31 PDT 2004

On Thu, Aug 05, 2004 at 09:56:50AM -0400, Mike Hauber wrote:
> Obviously, because I like to upgrade my systems every week,
> this gets old.  Is there any way I can tell portupgrade to
> simply portupgrade -aR (except for a specific list of
> packages)?

>From man portupgrade:

     -x GLOB
     --exclude GLOB         Exclude packages matching the specified glob pat-
                            tern.  Exclusion is performed after recursing
                            dependency in response to -r and/or -R, which
                            means, for example, the following command will
                            upgrade all the packages depending on XFree86 but
                            leave XFree86 as it is:

                                  portupgrade -rx XFree86 XFree86

-Radek