Automatic kernel configuration from dmesg output

Ara Avvali Ara at Avvali.COM
Wed Aug 4 17:49:35 PDT 2004

Hi I am sorry to ask this, but yesterday I was looking to see if there
is anyway to read the output of dmesg and automatically convert it to a
readable format to be used to compile the new kernel. In that way it
will be more specified based on that hardware and making sure I am not
removing stuff I need
Someone asnwered me back that it has been already dissuces and I swear
that I can't find the link on mailing list. Did all kind of keyword
search and nothing has shown up. May I ask the person who replied back
to give more link plaese? Or if someone has it
I used google and found out that netbsd has such a thing which does
cataclysm what I want, adjustkernel, but isthere such a thing for freebsd?