automatic custom kernel configuration? is it possible?

Ara Avvali Ara at Avvali.COM
Wed Aug 4 06:47:36 PDT 2004

Hi
sorry if this might sound lazy but I am wondering if there is any way or
any program that reads your out put of dmesg and creates a kernel
configuration file based on what generic kernel has found so I can use
it to compile the new one which has only modules which I need
In that case it makes sure I have enabled all my hardware and nothing is
being added or removed by mistake
I read somewhere that netbsd has something like adjust kernel
Help is appreciated