Chess for Kids (and dummies like dads)

Lou Katz lou at metron.com
Wed Aug 4 01:13:38 PDT 2004

I know this is a FreeBSD list, but there is a really excellent program
for learning chess for the PC (and Mac):  "Learn How to Play Chess
with Fritz and Chesster".  For ages 8 and up. It is a really searious
learning program, which has a huge book, starts with moves, then
endgames, then ...

Viva Media North American Editon (2003)
ISBN 1-932174-13-3

(It actually comes from Germany)

On Tue, Aug 03, 2004 at 11:34:02PM +0000, Daniela wrote:
> Damon Butler wrote:
>
> >>May I suggest Phalanx, found in the ports tree? It is an excellent
> >>chess program, works wonderfully with xboard, and 'phalanx -e 100' is
> >>very likely to meet your needs for a weak chess engine.
> >

> >That looks excellent indeed. Thanks!
> >--Damon
>
> I have another suggestion. I've seen lots of Mac emulators in the ports.
> Why not use one of these, and run the original program?
> AFAIK Mac emulation is not even half as painful as Winblows emulation.
>
> Daniela

-=[L]=-