Help needed...

Lam Tuck Wai tuckwai at evoluxion.com.sg
Tue Aug 3 10:08:09 PDT 2004

Hi

I am currently having a huge problem. My KDM refuse to start, so now I
cannot get into my machine.

Every time it reboots it will goes in a cycle of spewing errors. It was fine
a few hours ago until I change the monitor config.

My question is how do I stop the KDM from loading during boot up? So at
least I can login as root and replace the new XF86config file.

I tried booting to single user but I cannot "su". So without root access I
cannot change anything.

I am using Freebsd 5.2.1. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Regards,

Tuck Wai