Certification Program

Jerry McAllister jerrymc at clunix.cl.msu.edu
Tue Aug 3 08:30:42 PDT 2004

> Hi there,
>
> I would like to know if there is a Certification Program for FreeBSD,
> OpenBSD or
> NetBSD, like SUN's Solaris Certification Program for example.
>
> If there is, what is the procedure to make the exam(s)? I am in
> Salvador/Bahia/BRAZIL.

The short answer is no.
Some other people may wish to give a more comprehensive answer.

Anyway, the FreeBSD organization is not a company in the same sense
as Sun or Microsloth, etc that can set up a program to certify people
in its wonders.    The FreeBSD organization is a group of volunteers
from all over the world that contribute to make the system.  Although
there is a core group that steers the project and tries to make sure
additions and modifications are clean and meet standards, there is
nothing that specifies the official way you must use the system.

But, I have heard of some organizations that have undertaken to make
up some training for FreeBSD and for UNIX in general.   It seemd even
like one might be in Brazil.  But, I do not remember names or addresses.
You might do some Google searching for FreeBSD training or something
like that and see what you get.

////jerry