Ports Index"Portsman"

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Mon Aug 2 10:33:12 PDT 2004

On Mon, Aug 02, 2004 at 11:58:06AM -0400, Osmany Guirola Cruz wrote:
> Hi People
>   i update my ports tree via ctm and when i do
> #cd /usr/ports
> $make index
>  i have this warning
> Generating INDEX - please wait..Warning: Duplicate INDEX entry:
> freeciv-gtk2-1.14.1
>  Done.
> and i am trying to use "portsman" and get these error
> Please stand by while portsman is coming up...
> error: INDEX file seems to be corrupted or is of an unknown format.
> and when i use the option of make the index the new index is corrupted again
> How can i solve this problem I WANT USE PORTSMAN

Now, now -- no need to shout.  The problem seems to be that portsman
does not understand the new format of the INDEX file introduced on
July 14th.

    http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/Mk/bsd.port.subdir.mk?rev=1.55&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

In any case, your first point of contact should be with the port's
maintainer, Anselm Garbe -- who in this case also happens to be the
author of the software.  He may well be working on an update, and it
would be up to him to submit any updates.  Until then, I'm afraid
you're just going to have to be patient.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                      Savill Way