Creating a zip file

David Landgren david at landgren.net
Thu Apr 29 06:23:13 PDT 2004

Shantanoo wrote:

> +++ Bryan Cassidy [freebsd] [28-04-04 00:39 -0500]:
> | I am trying to create a zip file that can be unziped on a Windows machine. Any help appreciated.
> | --
>
> .tar, .tar.gz, .tgz are supported by WinZIP.

Careful with tarfiles and winzip. Earlier version of the latter did bad
things when tar files contained zero-length files. I just checked with
version 8.1 and it works correctly, but I do remember having grief in
the past with this.

David

> | As Will Rogers would have said, "There is no such things as a free
> | variable."

Commercial OS breeds commerce, whereas free OS breeds freedom,
the only thing more dangerous and confusing than commerce.
                   -- Michael R. Jinks, redhat-list, circa 1997