fwbuilder

Robert Storey y2kbug at ms25.hinet.net
Wed Apr 28 19:47:36 PDT 2004

Probably not many of you use FWBuilder (graphical utility for building firewalls
for ipfilter and pf), but recently I've gotten interested, especially since FBSD
will soon support pf.

So I installed from ports, but not getting much joy starting FWBuilder. I
attempt to start it (as root, which I assume is necessary), and get this:

  root at sonic:~> fwbuilder
  I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/resources.xml"
  I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/iptables.xml"
  I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/ipf.xml"
  I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/pf.xml"
  I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/ipfw.xml"
  I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/pix.xml"
  I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/unknown.xml"
  I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/linux24.xml"
  I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/macosx.xml"
  I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/freebsd.xml"
  I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/openbsd.xml"
  I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/solaris.xml"
  I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/pix_os.xml"
  I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/unknown_os.xml"

Anybody have some ideas?

best regards,
Robert