courier-imap 3.0.3 builds, but generates ACL errors

Scott Mitchell scott+freebsd at fishballoon.org
Wed Apr 28 07:45:05 PDT 2004

On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 12:23:45AM +0100, Markie wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Did you get this problem solved? I had this exact same problem!! I spent
> ages getting it to work, unfortuantly I really have NO idea at all which
> thing I did fixed it.
>
> If you upgraded I am guessing you kept the config files in /usr/local/etc/?
> I _think_ the thing that fixed it may have been when I moved the config
> files (backup and delete if you like), uninstalled and reinstalled it.

Yes - there are new settings in the config files for 3.0.x (the ones in
/usr/local/etc/courier-imap/*-dist) that are necessary for it to work, in
particular MAILDIRPATH to tell it where to find your mailboxes...  You
need to merge the new config files into your existing ones (or just copy
them over if you don't have any local changes to the configuration).

This was mentioned in the CVS commit log when the port was upgraded to
3.0.0 - arguably it should have gone in a pkg-message file as well so more
people actually noticed it when doing the upgrade...

Of course it's always a good idea to check over the configuration files
for any port you upgrade - there are often changes it's useful to know
about even if they don't prevent the software from working.

I can also recommend a freshports.org account - the weekly email listing
all the changes to the ports on your machine is very useful.

	Scott