DNS question in regards to /etc/resolv.conf

Brandon Niemczyk maccorin at cfl.rr.com
Mon Apr 26 12:24:47 PDT 2004

On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 03:05:29PM -0400, Bill Moran wrote:
> I've had good results from godaddy, can't say either way about dyndns.

dyndns has worked great here, i'm sure godaddy is similar.

> This is not an easy question to answer.
>
> Will you need to host your own DNS _server_?  If so, then the answer is
> much more complicated.
if he's using dynamic dns, i'm assuming he has a dynamic IP.  In which
case it would be a bit difficult to have his own dns.

I suppose he _could_ have dnsdns/godaddy point to his dns server, and
then have that resolve his ip... but that's kind of pointless.

You know, that whole circular loop thing...

Brandon Niemczyk			Public PGP Key ID: CAB3D8D6
					hkp://subkeys.pgp.net