Routing problem

Piotr Gnyp toread at discordia.pl
Mon Apr 26 04:03:32 PDT 2004

Hi,
I`ve encountered a strange problem, first - my machine:
IBM xSeries 205, network cards: 3com, OS: FreeBSD 4.10-BETA (i can post
dmesg if it will help). Firewall on ipfilter, NAT on ipnat. Server is
running several services like: DNS (BIND 8), www proxy (Squid 2.5.2),
IDS (Snort 2.1.2). Configuration seems to be fine, but there is one
problem. Once every few seconds there seems to be a pause in routing.
I`ve noticed it on ssh session with another host - a gap during pasting
some tekst files.

Any ideas what may be wrong? I can paste, or send config files. Please
advice.