Slow loading websites

Charles Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Fri Apr 23 11:13:19 PDT 2004

On Apr 23, 2004, at 1:38 PM, Jammet wrote:
> When i go to a website, say Slashdot or freshmeat, or any where that
> involves ads on the page some where, about 99% of the time it can take
> upwards of 2-3 minutes to load the entire page. [ ... ]
> I guess my main question is, anyone ever seen this, if so ever get it
> fixed?

Most probably, you are running into delays because your browser queries
websites for an IPv6 address before trying an IPv4 address.
Reportedly, many ad-sites use broken nameservers which botch IPv6
queries, causing the delay.  The problem lies on their end, not yours,
but disabling IPv6 or using a proxy server like Squid will probably
remove the delays.

--
-Chuck