Antw: RE: Antw: Re: gdm2/gdmgreeter crashes upon start

Chris Delnooz c.delnooz at home.nl
Thu Apr 22 22:49:27 PDT 2004

> Have you tried gdmsetup?

yes, it works correctly, changes i make with gdmsetup do appeaar in gdm.conf, however gdm keeps crashing with the same messages

> Also, there is always kdm if you can't get it going.
I know, i've been using kdm for years now :) but installing kdm doesn't really feel like a solution, more like a workaround :P

Is there any loggin being done by gdm that i can check for more information? I'm going to recompile gdm with debug flags set, maybe i can get more accurate info from the debugger. I'll keep you informed if I find something :)

Regards,
Chris