newbie question: Gnome 2.6 upgrade

Lucas Holt Luke at FoolishGames.com
Thu Apr 22 09:44:37 PDT 2004

The problem only seems to be with X11.  I tried running several commands in
console mode that I can normally run from any location and they all worked
fine.  so far startx seems to be the only thing that won't run like it used
to.  I read something about shells having to be rehashed to update the PATH
lines?  I run in bash if that makes a difference.

____

If I'm not mistaken, you only need to run rehash with a csh not sh/bash.
Besides, you said the machine rebooted.  The path should be correct then.

You could type env and look at your environment variables. Make sure X11 is
still in your path.