lament about freebsd sacrifices

freebsduser at comcast.net freebsduser at comcast.net
Sun Apr 18 13:31:44 PDT 2004

* freebsduser at comcast.net <freebsduser at comcast.net> [2004-04-15 21:41]:
>> My only regret was that I didn't listen to my inner voice that said -- Don't get an ATI All In Wonder Pro for watching TV. Get a Hauppauge TVIVO instead, or get a standard sort of sound card for sound.
>I'm watching TV just fine with an ATI AIW Rage 128 Pro, FreeBSD
4-stable, and XFree86-4.3.x.  Granted, I'm not capturing, but to view
TV I installed the 'stuff' from http://gatos.sourceforge.net and
xawtv.  Full screen, all of the expected functions (except capture)
work well.  Try it ;)

I did try it, it doesn't support my card. I have an AIW 9800 Pro and it uses the 350 Theater Chip. As far as I can tell it's still not supported.

All that might have changed.