How do I eliminate resolver delay??

Jonathon McKitrick jcm at FreeBSD-uk.eu.org
Fri Apr 16 10:59:20 PDT 2004

On Fri, Apr 16, 2004 at 07:26:00PM +0200, Olaf Hoyer wrote:
: > So maybe I need to replace these when I connect to my wireless network?
: >
: Yes, because in that case your notebook tries to reach your DNS server
: at your workplace, and times out.

Ah, now it all makes sense.  I fixed hosts when using the network, but
forgot about resolv.conf.

Is there an easier way to replace resolv rather than just running a script,
which is what I (will) do now?

: Or you run named as a caching-only NS, and add nameserver 127.0.0.1
: first place in /etc/resolv.conf.
:
:
: pris 18:57 >host batcave.org
: batcave.org has address 64.12.47.237
:
: something like batcave.home or so will be fine...

So batcave.home will solve the problem rather than setting up named?

Vielen dank!

jm
--
My other computer is your Windows box.