ports upgrade error?

Tim McMillen taxman at freedombi.com
Fri Apr 16 08:34:37 PDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-16 at 15:11, Marwan Sultan wrote:
> Hello everyone,

> PS: This command will run as a background proccess? if i disconnect from
>     internet and I connect again later (Dialup) it will resume the updating?

I think it will time out and exit the process eventually, so you would
have to restart the cvsup.  You could script that, but be careful as
noted below.

>     or i have to download it one time?

No, it is mostly a linear process.  Whatever is updated by the time you
disconnect will still be updated.  Then when you restart the cvsup, you
wont have to redo that part.  There is some overhead searching through
parts that don't need to be updated, so don't do it every 5minutes, but
its not huge overhead.

Tim