thinkpad 600

Rob rob2 at pythonemproject.com
Fri Apr 16 08:00:49 PDT 2004

bungu at emirates.net.ae wrote:

>Hi Please can you tell me  how to install freebsd   on my thinkpad  600
>as  I have  win 98 on it  and  it is a refurbed  unit
>I would  like to  investigate  freebsd   as an os   and  use it in an
>everyday  enviroment  and  say  good riddens  to  MS  and  hopefolly
>do my bit for  the other battlers   in the field
>Thanks
>gary

Hi Gary, Easiest way is to download one of the release (4.9 latest)
iso's off of ftp.freebsd.org or mirrors.  Bun the cd as bootable, then
boot up with it.   A graphical ibstall program guides u thru the
installation.  But beware- keep windoze if you choose to use as the
first partition.  it doesnt like being any where else :)  FreeBSD as
part of the instal, will install a menued bootloader,       hope this
helps     sincerely, Rob