installing mysql-phpmyadmin-apache-php

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Fri Apr 16 00:37:11 PDT 2004

On Thu, Apr 15, 2004 at 11:50:04PM -0700, Mike Maltese wrote:
> > I have mysql-5 and apache2 installed and working. I need to install
> > phpmyadmin but it wants to install mysql-4 and apache1. How do I prevent
> > it from installing another version of each app (can I even do this)?
>
> I'd just download the phpMyAdmin source from http://www.phpmyadmin.net and
> install it manually. There's nothing particularly special about the port.

Gee.  Thanks.

Actually, the versions of apache and mysql are controlled through the
dependency chain by the PHP port you install.  The phpmyadmin port
just wants to see that PHP is installed.

Setting the following in /etc/make.conf will make your system default
to apache2 and mysql-5:

    APACHE_PORT=    www/apache2
    WITH_APACHE2=   yes

    WANT_MYSQL_VER= 50