Nvidia Drivers

Remko Lodder remko at elvandar.org
Wed Apr 14 22:24:39 PDT 2004

Mateusz Rajca wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have Nvidia Ge Force 4 MX 440. How should I install drivers for Nvidia Ge Force on
> FreeBSD 5.1 because FreeBSD won't work untill I install them?

Hello,

I have the same card, you can find drivers for it in the
/usr/ports/x11/nvidia-driver directory.

Note that i had to copy the nvidia.ko file from that directory to
/boot/kernel myself. Perhaps i did something wrong, but when copied
manually and added to /boot/loader.conf

(nvidia_load="YES") it works like a sunshine.

Oh and could you do a little favor for me in return, wrap your lines at
80 chars or something. Thanks

Cheers

p.s little sidenote, FreeBSD works fine without the drivers, even VESA
mode under X works. But when working dualscreen and for getting it all
out of your card, it's better to  use the driver.

--

Kind regards,

Remko Lodder
Elvandar.org/DSINet.org