Possible DNS Problems

Travis Troyer troyertm at email.uc.edu
Wed Apr 14 17:43:37 PDT 2004

I am running FreeBSD 5.2.1-Release on two systems, a server that acts as a NAT
Gateway for my cable service, and a client.  When trying to load various
websites on the client machine, I get a delay, usually about 25 seconds,
during which Mozilla will tell me it's resolving the hostname.  I also get
the same situation with Konqueror or lynx.  It only happens on certain sites,
for example, Bankone.com.  With loading Bankone.com, after the homepage
initially loads, I can load any page on the site without problems.  Using
this same system, and dual booting into Windows, I find that I can load these
sites with no problem, leading me to believe that it is a configuration
problem with my FreeBSD installation; however, I can not figure out what the
problem is.  I would really appreciate any help in this matter.

Thanks in advance,

Travis Troyer