Unusual login requirement

Doug Hardie bc979 at lafn.org
Tue Apr 13 21:13:01 PDT 2004

I am trying to figure out how to implement an unusual login requirement
and haven't found a good approach yet.  What I need is to have a
specific user id that when it is logged in it executes a specific
script and then immediately logs out.  Basically what it needs to do is
run a make that builds a CD from a bunch of files and then burns the
CD.  Obviously a blank CD would need to be in the burner first.  I
don't want a general login as this would be used by a person who should
not have access to the system.  I just need him to be able to burn a CD
frequently.

My first throught was to create a script and set it as the shell in the
passwd file and add it to /etc/shells.  Is that the best approach?  I
am not concerned about the user breaking out of the script as he is
trusted.  I just don't want to create a regular user account for him.
The server is running FreeBSD 4.6.  Thanks,

-- Doug