ssh Connection refused

Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P. kdk at daleco.biz
Tue Apr 13 07:39:07 PDT 2004

RazorOnFreeBSD wrote:

> [...]
<snip>

>here are samples of "netstat -anf inet" outputs :

<snip>

>Do you think the sshd daemon could be altered itself .... I mean could have
>a behaviour it isn't suppose to have because of the forced shutdown ???
>
>Thanks
>
>razor.

I guess anything is somewhat possible.  I'm just
looking for the most likely stuff first ...

Can you "ssh youraccount at localhost" ?

What about tcpwrappers?  What is in /etc/hosts.allow?

Tried rebooting or HUPing the daemon?

    #/bin/kill -HUP 93

(or whatever the current PID is for /usr/sbin/sshd)

Kevin Kinsey