MIMEDefang/Sendmail problem

Wayne Sierke ws+freebsd-questions at au.dyndns.ws
Mon Apr 12 21:32:53 PDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-04-13 at 12:05, Matt Navarre wrote:
> I've been trying to get MIMEDefang/SpamAssassin/ClamAV running as described in
> this article:
> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/bsd/2004/04/01/Big_Scary_Daemons.html?page=1
>
> I think I've got everything set up right, but nothing seems to be getting
> processed by the milter. Mail still ends up in my inbox, but no headers get
> inserted in the mail and I don't see anything from MIMEDefang in maillog. It
> almost seems like sendmail isn't sending the mail through mimedefang.
>
> All the sockets seem to be in the right place (/var/spool/MIMEDefang) but I'm
> not seeing anything from the filter.
>
> I'm using the default mimedefang-filter file with just some email address
> changes
>
> Here's the milter lines from my sendmail mc file:
> MAIL_FILTER(`mimedefang', `S=unix:/var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang.sock, F=,
> T=C:15m;S:4m;R:4m;E:10m')dnl
> define(`confMILTER_LOG_LEVEL', 7)dnl
> define(`confINPUT_MAIL_FILERS', `mimedefang')dnl
>
> This is on 4.9-STABLE from march 6 with ports CVSuped this weekend.

Here's what I have (on 5.2-RELEASE):

INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`mimedefang', `S=local:/var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang.sock, F=T, T=C:15m;S:4m;R:4m;E:10m')dnl
dnl define(`confINPUT_MAIL_FILTERS', `mimedefang')dnl not required when INPUT_MAIL_FILTER used

 - Note that the last entry you listed contains a spelling error:
confINPUT_MAIL_FILERS   s/FILERS/FILTERS/  - that alone may solve your
problem

 - I have no idea what the distinction is between using 'S=local:' and
'S=unix:' - may not be significant.

 - I don't recall where I got the info about the
define('confINPUT_MAIL_FILTERS' not being required when
INPUT_MAIL_FILTER used, probably from the spamassassin docs.

Wayne