nForce2 Soundstorm on 5.2.1 Release

Tobias Aigner lists at mangosuechtig.org
Sun Apr 11 05:14:49 PDT 2004

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 22:14:58 -0500
Casey <freebsdlist at keslick.com> wrote:

> Hello,

Hi,

>     I have an Asus A7N8X Deluxe motherboard, which has a nVidia
> Soundstorm audio chipset on it.  However, I can't seem to get this
> chipset to detect in 5.2.1 Release, no matter what I try.  Being
> relatively new to FreeBsd, I don't really know that many ways to go
> about trying to get it to detect.  I was hoping someone out there
> might be able to tell me something to try, or at least confirm for me
> that this chipset doesn't currently have a driver that works, so I can
> stop banging my head against the wall.

I had exactly the same mainboard and it worked using 'device pcm' in my
kernel. But my sound was terribly bad, kind of distorted. Try 'mixer pcm
75' and it should work somehow better. I actually bought a new one,
becauce I had really big problems with this mainboard and I would
definitley not recommend anybody to buy this one.

Regards.

--
Tobias Aigner