Off topic but sendmail help needed

J.D. Bronson jbronson at wixb.com
Sat Apr 10 14:15:31 PDT 2004

At 04:07 PM 4/10/2004, you wrote:
>Yeah, I tried that... I just got an 'unable to make" error.
>
>At this point, postfix is looking very attractive.

Postfix is very easy to install and configure. Sendmail is not for the
faint of heart. However, once you learn how to use m4 to make sendmail.cf
it really becomes trivial. This seems to be the most difficulty people end
up having.

Perhaps a post to the sendmail newsgroup (or google) could help.

I personally dont use ports or packages - as I compile everything from
scratch...so I wont be the best person to ask.

But seriously, it is not all that difficult.

If you dont have time, postfix is an excellent alternate MTA.

  -Jeff