vmware trouble

dick hoogendijk dick at nagual.st
Sat Apr 10 03:19:31 PDT 2004

On 09 Apr Yuriy Gerasimov wrote:
> I have FreeBSD 5.2-RELEASE and installed vmware
> vmware3-3.2.1.2242_6,1.
>
> I cannot Power it On. I have just error
>
> Cannot attach shared memory segment: Invalid argument.
> Failed to initialize SVGA device.
>
> I tryed to set up different OS there (DOS and Win98) but always I had
> this error.

You have to read the documentation on this. You need to make sure some
kernel settings are in order and you also have to recompile your kernel
probably. It's all in the vmware3 port directory (the info that is..)

--
dick -- http://www.nagual.st/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ Running FreeBSD 4.9 ++ Debian GNU/Linux (Woody)