inode problems...

Gary Kline kline at thought.org
Fri Apr 9 12:51:01 PDT 2004

	Just to bring you (and the -questions list) up to date re
	my 4.9-RELEASE snafu.  I did a upgrade last night.  I have
	stable-supfile pointing to RELENG_4_9.  I was trying to
	get back to 4.9-STABLE.  No-joy.  I now have

	FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE-p4 #4: Thu Apr  8 19:50:47 PDT 2004.

	I don't know if this upgrade made any difference, but I
	think I fixed my partially alloc'd and otherwise bad inode
	by hand.  find / -inum [inode] -print  showed me what was
	whhere and I dealt with each one.   Bottom line is that
	fsck now runs clean; no errors.

	I think I'll hack fsck to output a -L logfile in /var/log.
	I could script it with " |& tee logfile" too.   In rare
	cases like these, having a log of inodes could be a great
	help.

	gary

--
   Gary Kline     kline at thought.org   www.thought.org     Public service Unix