When I'm all done..

Jonathan Arnold jdarnold at buddydog.org
Fri Apr 9 06:53:06 PDT 2004

Mark wrote:

> For a small 'emergency' disk, I'd like to remove those directories, after
> the 4.9R install has fully completed. Can it be safely done? Or is anything
> needed, at runtime, from those directories?

You have a couple of options for creating small "emergency" disks:

1] The "Live" CD is precisely for that - booting from in an emergency.

2] See the following entries on my blog for links to small distros:

http://freebsd.amazingdev.com/blog/archives/000037.html
http://freebsd.amazingdev.com/blog/archives/000028.html

And PicoBSD, a 3.0 FreeBSD that can be put on a single floppy!

http://freebsd.amazingdev.com/blog/archives/000043.html

--
Jonathan Arnold     (mailto:jdarnold at buddydog.org)
Daemon Dancing in the Dark, a FreeBSD weblog: