High pitch/wrong frequency audio on disc via burncd

sd groups at xscd.com
Wed Apr 7 22:05:30 PDT 2004

On Monday 29 March 2004 11:51 am, Ada Cheng wrote:
> 	I have a series of wma files (speeches) which I convert to
> wav via mplayer.  The wav files played fine using both xmms
> and Noatun.  However when I burn them onto a cd via burncd:
> burncd -f /dev/acd0c audio *.wav fixate
> the resulting audio on the disc gives me high pitch/wrong
> frequency audio.

---

Try using the program sox to convert the files to CD-audio
files (.cdr files) BEFORE using burncd to burn them--

I also had problems with some .wav files when recorded to CD-R
using burncd:

1) a loud click at the beginning of each file, when played
back on a CD player, which was caused by the non-audio header
information at the beginning of each .wav file.

2) nothing but hiss when played on a CD player, which was
caused (I think) by trying to record .wav files that were of
a length that was not exactly divisible by the block size of
data on an audio CD.

Both of these problems were eliminated by first converting
the .wav files into .cdr files using the command line program
sox, which stripped the header information from the .wav
files and padded the audio files so that there were no chunks
of audio data that were less than the usual block size for
audio CDs.

-Steve D
NM US