Postfix - Sasl - mysql

Brent Wiese brently at bjwcs.com
Wed Apr 7 19:15:17 PDT 2004

> I used those instructions, although I modified some for my specific
> configuration.  the "username" field in my database is
> "user at virtualdomain.com" however.

Yes, that is how mine is.

> I had to create a
> plain-text password

This is what I want to avoid. I think this is what the patch listed on the
howto.net page is supposed to fix, but it doesn't apply right for me.

> Here's my working smtpd.conf:
>
> # smtpd.conf
> pwcheck_method: auxprop
> auxprop_plugin: sql
> mech_list: plain login
>
> sql_engine: mysql
> sql_hostnames: localhost
> sql_user: postfix-user
> sql_passwd: thepassword
> sql_database: postfix
> sql_select: select pass_plain from mailbox where username='%u@%r'

Once I cleaned up my syntax (per another post, thanks!) while comparing to
this, I'm now able to check the DB correctly (I turned on MySQL logging to
make sure), except for the whole encrypted vs plaintext thing.

If I use PAM, is that going to break courier-IMAP?

Anyone succesfully patched a recent ( => .17) cyrus-sasl2 to use encrypted
passwords in MySQL?

Thanks for all the help, I think I'm nearly there. :)

Brent