Problem with SU utility!!!

oXid oxid_o at mail.ru
Wed Apr 7 02:26:22 PDT 2004

Hello Arek,

AC> On Wed, 7 Apr 2004, oXid wrote:

>> Hello,
>>
>> I did to all my / chmod 777... i just wanted to test somthing, but it
>> was a bad idea :(
>> Now, i can't login under SU. The account is in wheel
>> group...everything is fine, but when i enter root password it says,
>> that it is incorrect. I know my pass for 100%.
>> Is there any way, that my 777 mode did somthing?
>> Maybe some files shouldn't be 777?
>> Or is there any way to reinstall SU utility?
>>

AC> First try normal login as root from console
AC> Next check log files - maybe some info you find

AC> Before this changes (chmod ...) you can login as root via su on this user?

AC> Arek

Yes, before my stubid chmod everything was just fine.
I looked at auth.log in /var/log , the only thing he writes, is
standatr record, like su for user on tty... faild..
The same stig as if password that i'am entering is wrong. No erors and
etc...Juts wrong pass :((
Maybe there are some better logs for that?

I can enter as root from console. But i can't enter as root, from ssh.
I have to enter as some user from whell then SU and etc...

--
Best regards,
 oXid                            mailto:oxid_o at mail.ru