XFree86 Install Monitor and Card for Sony Laptop?

Craig Booth craigbooth at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 6 18:16:36 PDT 2004

During the initial SYSINSTALL setup of Xfree86 on my Sony VAIO PCG-FRV27
laptop under FreeBSD 4.9, the setup goes through the configuration menus,
then says it failed and do I want to try again.  I exited SYSINSTALL and ran
the config option on XFree86, finding out that the generated log shows that
its erroring out on the Monitor/Video Card initialization.  I can't find a
monitor in the database that matches my ATI Radion IGP345M PCI monitor, and
none of the display settings specifically match my 800/600 60 hz + 1028/768
60 hz setting.  One display setting had 800/600 76 hz + 1028/768 60 hz
setting, and that was the closest one so I tried it.  I also tried VGA as
the monitor, but it stilled failed.

What monitor, card and display settings should use?