FreeBSD 4.9-STABLE and Palm Tungsten T USB

Espen Tagestad espent at totem.fix.no
Tue Apr 6 11:47:37 PDT 2004

Hi,

Has anyone managed to get the Palm Tungsten T USB working properly with
the FreeBSD uvsior/ucom interface and pilot-link? I tried several
solutions written on the web, including the one which suggest Hotsync
over network by running a ppp-daemon to make the connection with the
Palm.

None of them worked.

Some weeks ago I tried pilot-link on a Debian GNU/Linux computer, and it
'just worked'.

The message I get from my FreeBSD box when pressing the hotsync-button
on the cradle is as follows:

ucom0: Palm, Inc. Palm Handheld, rev 1.10/1.00, addr 2
ucom0: Palm, Inc. Palm Handheld, rev 1.10/1.00, addr 2
ucom0: init failed, TIMEOUT
device_probe_and_attach: ucom0 attach returned 6
uhub0: port 1, set config at addr 2 failed
uhub0: device problem, disabling port 1

I know the Tungsten T product_id has been added to the usbdevs-files in
the kernel source tree, but still I can't get it to work. Anyway,
pilot-xfer will not accept /dev/ucom0 as a valid device.

Does anyone have a solution that might work?

regards,

Espen Tagestad