phpmyadmin - users not seeing specific database

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Mon Apr 5 02:05:39 PDT 2004

On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 12:21:59AM -0800, Noah wrote:

> I set the $cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type'] to cookie so users definitely get
> the login.  but when I login with a user other than root.  I find that I am
> able to veiw all the databases that root could view.  I was assuming with the
> multiuser functionality that users could only view databases for which they
> have granted access to.  is there something else i need to configure here?

Well, the 'cookie' mode just exposes the internal mysql authentication
and access control via the web.  Works very well for me.

Can you verify that your users have the correct privilege GRANTs
within the database -- ie. specifically can you use mysql(1)'s command
line to log in as those users and access bits of the database you
shouldn't be able to?

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                      Savill Way