Known problem with qt3.3?

Chuck McManis cmcmanis at mcmanis.com
Sun Apr 4 21:34:41 PDT 2004

The KDE folks nailed it, I had a "private" copy of gcc 3 compiled on the
system (for eCos development) and while those tools were not in the path,
ldconfig had /usr/local/gnu3/lib in the path so it was picking up
libstdc++.so.5 from that directory rather than libstdc++.so.3 from the
/usr/lib directory. (bogus in and of itself, since c++ should not have
accepted the later version but that appears to have been the problem, my
portupgrade since built qt33 and has moved on to kdelibe3.

--Chuck