ports hosed

John Duffey jduffey at freeuk.com
Sun Apr 4 14:10:47 PDT 2004

On 04 Apr, Jay Moore <jaymo at cromagnon.cullmail.com> wrote:
> So - again, is there any way to cleanly remove and re-install
> the entire ports tree from the 5.2 cd?

Try
        rm -r /usr/ports

then

        sysinstall

Follow options:

        =Configure (do post install configuration of FreeBSD) ->
        =Distributions (Install additional distribution sets) ->
        =Ports (The FreeBSD Ports Collection) (Enter)         *
        =CD/DVD (Install from a FreeBSD CD/DVD)               *

Should get the whole ports shebang back down to 5.2 CD Dist
standards.

You'll then need to reinstate the index as it was then...

        cd /usr/ports
        portsdb -Uu

To get rid of every package you have installed currently, try

        pkg_delete *

which should de-install every package you've got, and then
rebuild everything you need, starting

        cd /usr/ports/net/cvsup/
        make install clean

to build cvsup.

I assume you've already configured the example script from
/usr/share/examples/cvsup/ports-supfile so we'll skip directly
into

        cvsup -g /usr/share/examples/cvsup/ports-supfile
        cd /usr/ports/sysutils/portupgrade
        make install clean

        portinstall (any port you like)

I'd recommend you try and fix whatever it is that's gone wrong
with k3b though.

It'll take far less time.

John