Gnome 2.6 upgrade

Simon Barner barner at in.tum.de
Sun Apr 4 13:30:10 PDT 2004

andy at neu.net wrote:
> I am running 5.2.1 Release with Gnome 2.4.  I have cvsuped my ports
> collection today to the latest update.  What is the procedure to upgrade
> to Gnome2.6?

Hi, as far as I can see, Gnome 2.6 is not part of the ports collection yet.

However, you can try Gnome 2.6-rc1 by following the instructions at
http://www.FreeBSD.org/gnome/docs/develfaq.html

(please report any oddities to gnome at freebsd.org so they can be fixed
before the official release of Gnome 2.6 on FreeBSD)

Speaking of official release: If that is to close to the ``bleeding edge''
for you, just wait until Gnome 2.6 hits the ports tree.

Simon