Ports/CD images?

Jonathan Arnold jdarnold at buddydog.org
Thu Apr 1 06:40:39 PST 2004

Igor Skalski wrote:
> I would like to try to install FreeBSD on my home computer wchich is not
> connected to the Internet. In my opinion the most important aspect of
> using free software in such a conditions is possessing whole set of CD's
> containing both most important programs and source code.
> I can not find on the Internet CD images containing ports and sources.
> Are they available anywhere? I am not intend to buy the CD set - at least
> before trying the system.

You're right, I don't see any CD image available online that contains all
the packages, which is a little surprising.

However, CDs containing lots of the packages are available very cheaply.
I just checked http://www.cheapbytes.com , and they have 4 & 6 CD sets
available for as low as US$6. So you might invest in one of those.

--
Jonathan Arnold     (mailto:jdarnold at buddydog.org)
Daemon Dancing in the Dark, a FreeBSD weblog: