ymessenger

Adam McLaurin adam.mclaurin at gmx.net
Mon Sep 29 11:56:25 PDT 2003

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 14:51:55 -0400
"James A. Arnold" <JArnold at knightridder.com> wrote:
> The Yahoo part of Gaim broke last week and is still not working.

Not true. It works (for now).

http://gaim.sourceforge.net/

"Our friends over at Cerulean Studios managed to break my speed record
at cracking Yahoo authentication schemes with an impressive feat of
hackery. They sent it over and here it is in Gaim 0.70. However, certain
details of the authentication scheme depend on the challenge string the
server sends us, and there's really no way to tell what it does until
Yahoo starts sending new challenge strings. So you can expect a few more
breakages to come soon. I wouldn't sign offline if I were you."

And it's even in ports already.

--
Adam